katy- children's theatre planning and process


this day we planned out our ideas and talked about the characters we wanted to add to the piece, we also distributed parts and clarified what we wanted to do exactly , for example , the talk show on how to resolve the problems.
 We also linked some of the characters so that the story and the character make sense for example we made wicked witch the mother of the big bad wolves because the wicked witch is wicked and bad and so are the big bad wolves. However we changed their characteristics and made the wicked witch into an Africa figure type of witch/mother. Because i am playing the wicked witch i had to add an African accent to my character's voice so that it can be diverse and funny at the same time.However I found it hard because I wasn't able to articulate my words and the clarity of my words wasn't clear so I had to keep trying and keep articulating my words in order for the audience to understand what I was saying.
 We made the big bad wolves less bad than they are meant to be , we made them good wolves who don't want to be bad but their mother wants them to be bad because she and her husband(their after) were bad evil villians.
We modernised Goldie Locks and Little Red Riding Hood and made them sisters. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabethan Era

John Godber and Thatcherite Britain

children stories - research