Textual Analysis


  • Explain why your character say certain lines that you feel a bit confused about initially?
Ans ;  i think my character says some lines to cover up the fact that she is being laughed at, or maybe she just covers up the fact that she is trying to make conversation but they don't want to have a conversation with her so she just keeps waffling until she gets cut off. And sometimes i feel like she just says it just to be involved in the conversation.
  • Give at least 3 examples?
Ans ; the first example is when shulay says to her 'why do girls think it's okay to bum about play football all day and stink up the place' . And then Samantha replies saying ' that Pheromones that's what that is ' -  i think she said this just to hide the fact that she smells because of football just so her classmates don't laugh her.

2; I think when she started waffling about her playing a prank on students is to get her classmates to be interested in what she is saying and also to get their attention .

3; when Samantha says ' He's right you know' is said just to get involved in the conversation and to get attention off zak who is  like at the top of the status list. 
  • What do the lines tell you about the character?
Ans ; i think the line tells me that my character doesn't always talk because she is not wanted in the conversation most of the time and people always make fun of her so whenever she speaks its either to get them to like her or to be interested in her or just to be involved I the moment.
  • write down what your character wants in each scene.
my character comes in towards the middle of the scene 
  1. When I first come in my intention was to talk to my class mates and get involved in whatever was happening.
  2.  However my intention then changed when Shulay insulted me about my smell and my intention at that moment was to change the topic and convince her that the smell was normal. 
  3. Then my intention changed to talking about Zak in order to get peoples attention and to be interesting.
  4. My next intention was to get even more attention by talking about pranks am going to pull on people just like Zak does.
  5. My intention then changed to being embarrassed and to convince my class mates that I have everything under control.
  6. After Zak came in my intention was to get away from him and not call any attention to myself.
  7. Then my intention was to agree to what he was saying to get him to like me.
  8. My last intention was to copy what he was doing to seem like I am like him to get him to like me but then he just slapped my face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabethan Era

John Godber and Thatcherite Britain

children stories - research