Audition pieces - Monologues

My contemporary monologue is - Muhammad Ali and me by Mojisola Adebayo.
The reason i picked this monologue is because i find the story very interesting and its a story i have sympathy for from just reading the monologue and not the whole story, the one thing i like about this monologue is that it is a serious monologue and i am good with serious work.
i identified with the piece because of the characters age and ethnicity and also because it is a challenging monologue. i think this monologue showcases my versatility as an actor through portraying emotions and also keeping the pace at a steady level, also embodying the character to its truthful self and telling a story though your body language and facial expression.
i think this monologue is suitable for me because the character is age sixteen and she is from nigeria and i am seventeen and nigerian also because its a story i care about.

My classical speech is - The Tempest by William shakespeare part of Miranda.
The reason i picked this monologue is because i was part of a theatre company called Present Moment Theatre Lab who did the play The Tempest and i had fun doing it and playing the part of Antonio, however i wanted to play the part of Miranda which is the reason why i picked this monologue. it shows the versatility in my acting because it is a different type of monologue however the characters have similar age range and the situation is also totally different. i identified with this piece because of the imagery i got from reading the speech, i  could picture the things she was saying and it helped me understand the characters intention. i think this monologue showcases my versatility as an actor through the vocal colours and the sympathy being portrayed through the voice.
I believe this speech is suitable for me because of the way the character is feeling at the moment, she had sympathy for the people and me as a person i always sympathize with people.

My contemporary contrast my classical because the charcter was sexuallly assulted at the age of five and i have to play an angry, disturbed character compared to my other speech where i have to play the daughter of the former duke of Milan who didnt know nothing about her father's past until after the storm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabethan Era

John Godber and Thatcherite Britain

children stories - research