voice and actor - justin

Q1.Reflecting back to when you first started your voice and actor unit how would you describe your voice?

When I first started the voice and actor  unit I think my voice was weak because my clarity whilst projecting was really bad. I found it hard to clearly say my lines whilst trying to project.
Also I wasn't able to articulate well  because I have an accent so saying the lines clearly and articulate was hard for me and it felt like a tongue twister. 

Q2. Once you began to be more aware of your voice when working on text, what would you describe as vocal strength as a performer?
When working on text , I think my vocal strength was projection and breath control these are my strengths because I was able to project my words in order for the audience to hear me, I did this by picking a point on the wall and then I sent my lines to it. Breath control  helped me process my words without losing too much breath in order to stop me being breathless whilst saying my lines.

Q3. Once you began to be more aware of your voice when working on text, what would you describe as a vocal (area of development) as a performer? Please provide reason for your answer.
As a performer, I think I need to work on line delivery, especially the tone of voice,i need to work on this in order to be able to change my tone of voice to express / explore the variety of emotions through my voice.

Q4. Now you are aware of vocal terminology such as pitch, articulation, clarity etc ... how have you used this voacl areas in practice when working on text ? And how have they improved your vocal development?

When working on text the vocal terminology I used in practice the most was clarity and articulation and they have improved my vocal development because now am able to articulate and deliver my lines clearly. For example I played around with the larban effect whilst saying my lines and this helped me in clarification and having an intention behind the words I say, it gave it emotions. 

Q5. What vocal challenges have you faced when working on your Melodrama and Random scenes? Please select a vocal challenge from each scene and explain.

The vocal challenge I faced was slowing down the pace. Knowing that the pace Deby Tucker Green writes in is fast I tend to rush my lines which makes me lose words from my lines whilst rushing to deliver it.   

Q6. What vocal strength have you discovered whilst working on melodrama and Random scenes?

Since working on both scripts I have discovered that breath control is my strength because I am able to control my breath even though I tend to rush my lines I am still able to control my breathing. For example from the chair sequence I tend to be breathless after the sequence however I am able to control my breath for the next scene Where I have lines.
And for the melodrama scene I was able to control my breath whilst saying my line after running around the stage to meet my prince charming.

Q7. Why is it important for actors to understand the importance and correct use of voice ? 

It is important for actors to understand the correct use if voice so they can be aware of the intonation of their voice to make it effective and to add more emotions and intention to their voice whilst acting. Also it will help deliver a clear story to the audience through thier voice and through their acting. 

Q8. Please set a specific vocal target for yourself moving forward and provide reasoning for the target set.

The target am setting myself is to reduce my pace of line delivery and to articulate my words so that the audience will be able to understand what am saying. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabethan Era

John Godber and Thatcherite Britain

children stories - research